What To Expect At A Workshop
What should I expect when attending a workshop at Hammer & Stain?
Never been to a wood and paint studio? No worries, you are not alone! Here is what to expect when you arrive:
- Both your wood and your personalized stencil will be placed on a work table at a reserved spot. If you requested to be seated next to a friend, you should find their design in the spot next to you.
- In order to protect your clothing, you will want to put on the apron provided. If you also wish to place your purse/handbag in safe location you may place them under the tables or along the walls.
- Make yourself at home! Take a look around! If you brought your own food or beverage, let me know if you need help with any set-up. (Must be 21 to drink alcohol; ID required)
- Once everyone has settled in, we will begin class. A typical class will last for 2-2.5 hours. Larger pieces and furniture projects may last up to 3.5 hours.
- The instructor will guide you through the process, from start to finish. We will also help you with stain and paint color options. If you get lost, written instructions are provided at the center of each table. We will be hands-on throughout the entire workshop, but if at any time you have questions or need help, please let us know! We are there to HELP YOU!!
- As the workshop progresses, know that not everyone will be moving at the same pace. This is normal – don’t compare yourself to anyone else. This is YOUR project and YOUR experience! HAVE FUN, ENJOY YOURSELF, and BE PROUD of your creation! Again, we are there to help. So, if you have questions or need a hand with your project, let us know!
- When you have finished your project, you are free to go! BUT before you go, we’d love to get a picture of you with your project for our gallery!
- Last, but certainly, not least … we are so grateful to you for spending time with us at our workshop, and we hope to see you again very soon!